Day 01 Mekele Aiprot to Afar:
After flying in to Mekele you will drive to Ahmed Ella and stop at the entrance of the Afar region to pick up your entrance permit and police to guide you through the gate of the Afar refion. You will overnight in a local hotel.
Day 02 Afar entrance to Ert Ale:
In the morning you will go to Ert Ale and again pick up another police officer to ensure security. Together you will drive to Waydoom and after having a meal you will trek for about 3 hours to arrive in the large volcanic crater of the Ert Ale volcanic mountain, a still very active volcano. You will have time to adventure around the area and enjoy visiting the volcano before nightfall. You will camp here for the night.
Day 03 Ert Ale to Ahmed Ella:
Early morning trek from your campsite descending to Waydoom for breakfast at which point you will be met by your vehicle to drive you Ahmed Ella. When you arrive you will stay in a local hotel.
Day 04 Ahmed Ella to Dallol to Lake Asale to Mekele:
Early morning you will head out to visit the Dallol Depression and witness the amazing bubbling sulfuric acid. Then you will visit Lake Asale which is known for being full of salt and a salt extracting area. This day also provides opportunities to take a camel caravan before returning back to Mekele via your vehicle.
4 Days – Danakil (Ert Ale ) Tours
Price : 500 $ per person
- Transport latest model Toyota (4*4 jeeps) with Experienced English speaking driver throughout the Trip
- meals-Full board including 4 litters of water per day,
- All entrance fees
- professional chef
- professional English & German speaking guide who accompany the group
- camping & cooking gears
- Camel and camel tires in Afar Region as per the program.
- For the duration of the trip we are responsible for all meals, water, entrance fees, accommodation, security and transportation.
Excluding : alcoholic drinks